Friday, October 17, 2008

Right on Target

In the past couple of weeks, I purchased two of this summer's blockbusters on DVD - Iron Man and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Since I liked both movies, is was not a question of if I would buy them, but where would I buy them. It seems every chain now has a different promotion for every major release.

You can read about some of the various promos for Iron Man here.

And those for the latest Indiana Jones movie here.

The choices were tough (some more than others), but I chose to get both at Target.

Much like last year's transforming case for the Transformers DVD, this is a no-brainer. Kudos to Target for making these cases exclusive. They are cool enough that they should be available everywhere. My only complaint is that I feel the plastic is a little too dark. I'd prefer brighter colors. Place this on the shelf in between the collectors edition of classic Battlestar Galactica, and the Amazon UK boxed set of Doctor Who Series Two, and you have the makings of faux metal madness!

As for the Indiana Jones promos...I was reallllllly tempted by the Crystal Skull replica. Best Buy offers great "gift sets," but they are too pricey for me to justify. However, for no additional charge, Target offers the two-discs set in a classy hardcover book full of beautiful photographs by David James. I would purchase this book alone, without the discs, it is that cool!

So, I wonder what Target will feature for the upcoming DVD release of The Dark Knight? Will they win the trifecta? Stay tuned!

No comments: