Friday, October 31, 2008

Swan Song for Ten


It is official - David Tennant has announced that he will leave Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and 2010.

This comes as very sad news for me. I certainly do not wish to interfere with anyone wanting to grow as an actor, but I've seen a number of men portray The Doctor and David has been my favorite (or should that be "favourite") of them all. Tennant states, "I don't want to outstay my welcome." IMHO, he had a long way to go before that happened. The next four specials will be bittersweet to watch.

While I will miss David, I have little doubt that Doctor Who will continue to be worth watching. Newly appointed showrunner Steven Moffat will keep things interesting no matter who Doctor#11 will be. As far as that pool goes, my money is on Paterson Joseph.

No comments: