Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Belated 24 Hour Comics Day!

This past weekend, folks all around the world took part in 24 Hour Comics Day, a challenge to artists to create a 24-page comic book in 24 consecutive hours. It is not an easy thing to do, as I know from personal experience. I haven't attended one of these events in a while, but my first was in 2001 at Galactic Quest in Lawrenceville. I was an observer and managed to stay up all night with the artists involved. I even modeled for Brian Stelfreeze and appeared on the local FOX morning show the next day. Here's a shot of all of us who answered the call...

The following year, I decided to take part. My goal was small. Instead of 24-pages, I would try 24 panels. I did manage to complete a 6-page comic starring the cool Jedi that is Kit Fisto. (It was actually this night that the phrase "Kit Fisto Rules!" originates.) Below are the results. If anything, it is a fairly good example of how difficult the artist marathon can be.







No comments: