Saturday, March 29, 2008

Shufflin' Around

It's raining here on a Saturday night and I'm just surfin' & shufflin' through my iTunes library and thought I'd share. Here's the first five selections randomly generated:


Huey Lewis & the News "Small World"

Perfect example that you NEVER know what your player is gonna choose next! Got this album to relive some of the standards of my youth. Huey Lewis & the News was a fun band that could back it up. I saw them live in '87 and they very nearly tore the roof off the Worcester Centrum.


Meat Loaf "Everything Louder than Anything Else"

Another fun rocker! I guess he released a third "Bat Out of Hell" album, but I have not heard a single track from it. I must seek it out. A main course of Meat Loaf with a side order of Jim Steinman usually makes for a hearty meal!


Kik Tracee "In Trance"

In the early '90's I got this collection from SPIN magazine featuring artists that I never heard of before (or since for that matter), such as Julian Cope, Televsion, Da Da, 4 Non Blondes, Pond, Gavin Friday, Flowerhead, and Kik Tracee. But the tracks on this compilation rocked! I about wore this cd out!


Joan Jett & the Blackhearts "Change the World"

My girl Joan! She is one of my fave rockers of any gender! I've actually seen her perform live more than I've seen any other artist. And after recently watching her cover "Bit and Pieces" at this year's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, she can still tear the house down! If there's any justice, she'll be inducted to the Hall herself one day.


Jimi Hendrix "Little Wing"

Jimi has just closed the house down. Time to end the shufflin'. It would be embarrassing to hear any other track try to follow this!

No comments: