Saturday, March 22, 2008

It Happens Every Spring

Once again, it's time to play ball! Fantasy Baseball that is. This season, I am going for a three-peat as League Champion. In fact, I have won the last three out of four years in a head-to-head league setup via Yahoo! Sports. This year, some new blood has been invited as well as some friends I haven't played with in a few years, so it will be an interesting challenge. Not to mention fighting off the usual suspects too! Earlier tonight, we held our draft. I didn't get everyone I wanted, but I'm pretty happy with my team.

Here's my 2008 lineup:

C Jason Kendall (Mil)
1B Derrek Lee (ChC)
2B Chase Utley (Phi)
3B Mike Lowell (Bos)
SS Édgar Rentería (Det)
OF Torii Hunter (LAA)
OF Brad Hawpe (Col)
OF Jeff Francoeur (Atl)
UT Todd Helton (Col)
UT Kosuke Fukudome (ChC)

SP Josh Beckett (Bos)
SP Brandon Webb (Ari)
SP John Lackey (LAA)
SP Brad Penny (LAD)
SP Ted Lilly (ChC)
SP Jason Schmidt (LAD)
SP Gil Meche (KC)
SP Barry Zito (SF)

RP Francisco Cordero (Cin)
RP Trevor Hoffman (SD)
RP Jeremy Accardo (Tor)

I'm sure there will be some roster changes during the course of the season (I love "discovering new talent"), but these guys should get me off to a good start. The fun begins this Tuesday as the BoSox take on Oakland in the Land of the Rising Sun.

No comments: