Thursday, March 6, 2008

NOOGA!! NOOGA!! NOOGA!!

A couple of weeks ago, I attended Con Nooga, the sci-fi/comic/fantasy/horror/etc. convention in Chattanooga, TN and had a great time! The con was small, but intimate which was not a bad thing whatsoever. I always love spending time with by buddies Sean Taylor and Bobby Nash. I also enjoyed chatting with Lin Workman, one of the talents behind Bushi Tales. As a contrast, I had first met Lin last year at the San Diego Comic-Con along with Dave Beaty and Micah Stewart. However, that place was so crazy that either of us hardly recalled meeting the other. Thanks to smaller shows such as Con Nooga, I had the pleasure of discussing all sorts of things with Lin, not to mention looking over his impressive sketchbooks. If I'd had more time, I definitely would have commissioned one.

However, my sketchbook was unavailable for nearly all of Sunday morning as I was getting a jam piece from one of the most talented couples in comics, Martheus and Janet Wade, the folks behind Jetta: Tales of the Tishigawa. I've got a pretty decent collection of various interpretations of Dracula so far, but this is the first time I've had him in action! On this jam piece, Martheus provided the fighting Shianndrea and Janet pencilled the Dark Prince as her opponent. I think the result is fantastic and I'm very happy to report that the Wades are as nice as they are talented.



If you have an opportunity to meet any of these folks at any con (large or small), I strongly recommend you do so! I had a great time at Con Nooga and I look forward to going back...maybe next time as a guest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unique and interesting blog you have here.

NewLegendMike said...

I appreciate the kind words.

To be honest, I have no idea where this vehicle is headed, but I'm going to try to have a whole lotta fun getting there!

Thanks for stopping by!