Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Countdown to Halloween Spooky Books - The Haunted Mansion


The Haunted Mansion series published by SLG features stories of the various characters in the house. I'd never heard of many of the talent involved in the project, but they do a fine job capturing the spirit of the ride. The single issues are difficult to get and I believe the collected trade does not include the last two comics, so hope there is another released at some point. I can easily say that it is the best comic I have ever read based on a theme park ride.

If there was one thing in the whole wide world that sums up my feelings about Halloween and the season, it is The Haunted Mansion ride at Disney World. I've been on it several times, but never on Halloween (the park is much to crowded then for my taste). But it seems to epitomize my personal feelings about the holiday of horror. As you may have guessed from some of my Spooky Book selections this month, I'm not really into ultra-violence and gore. To me, Halloween is all about the fun. I hope my month-long celebration of Spooky Books was fun for you. It was a pleasure to revisit some of my favorite comics. If you do pick up any of my suggestions, please drop me a line and let me know if you enjoyed them, or if you have some recommendations of your own, I always like the chance to add to my "To Read" pile.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments: