Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Treat" the Kids to Comics!

This will be the third year I'll be giving out mini-comics to Trick-or-Treaters this Halloween and they seem to be getting more popular. In fact, earlier this summer I was wandering around the neighborhood trying to find one of our cats and came across a young boy who hadn't seen my cat, but would let me know if he did. Before I could tell him where he could find me, he said with a smile, "I know your house! You're the one that gives out comics on Halloween!" It was a good feeling and yes, we did eventually find our cat.

Surprised to see that there are no new mini-comics from Marvel this year, but Dark Horse Comics, Archie Comics, Fantagraphics, and Tokyopop have some that should do the "trick."


Personally, I'm excited to read the Star Wars comic since I found out it was penned by Steve Niles. I should stock up on those!

For more details on the comics themselves, check out Previewsworld, and to locate your nearest comic shop to pick some up, go to ComicShopLocator.com.

No comments: