Saturday, October 17, 2009

Monster Mike's Mini Marathon Movie #2

The second movie I'll be watching Halloween night is 1958's Horror of Dracula. Originally released in the UK as simply "Dracula," the title was changed for US audiences since the Bela Lugsoi version was still very popular. It is the first time ever the Lord of Vampires would be played by Christopher Lee, who would go on to portray the character a dozen more times. It also features the legendary Brtitsh actor Peter Cushing as Doctor Van Helsing and was directed by Terence Fisher.

Horror of Dracula is the first of a series of films featuring the title character by the British studio, Hammer Film Productions. I used to love watching the Hammer House of Horror tv series when I was younger, but I don't think I've ever seen any of the films. I've longed to correct this, and I can think of no better time than Halloween to view my first Hammer Horror movie. I'm betting it'll be the first of many!

No comments: