Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Funnies - Fanboys


It is hard to believe that it was ten years ago this week that Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released in theaters. To honor that wild and crazy time, the Weinstein Company has finally released the comedy Fanboys to DVD! I first heard about this film four years ago and have been waiting to check it out. There have been numerous reports of unfavorable test screenings, re-shot footage, and battles between the filmmakers and Harvey Weinstein. Last year, it was announced the DVD would contain both versions of the film, but I have not confirmed that is the actually the case. All the above should be enough for any real fanboys to utter "I have a bad feeling about this," but I have heard some good words about the film from those who have seen it.

I was hoping to see Fanboys this weekend, but it appears I will have to wait just a little while longer. Though the DVD is on sale at fine stores everywhere, it can only be rented at Blockbuster. I am eager to check it out, if for no other reason than to see Kristen Bell in a Slave Leia outfit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just rented it and watched it tonight, after reading your post and learning that Kristen Bell was in it !!

I enjoyed it and say it IS worth renting !!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos !!

Hubba Hubba