Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cover Rave - Star Wars #29

With Celebration V happening last weekend and our recent reminisces of the first two parts of the original trilogy on the ESO podcast, I've very much been in a Star Wars frame of mind. I have been reading Star Wars-related comics since the first adaptation so there were a lot of iconic covers to choose from, but Star Wars #29 from Marvel's run has always been one of my very faves. In fact, I tried to recreate the image myself and would love to share the results, but I'm afraid my effort was lost in time. Before Boba Fett became the star bounty hunter of the franchise, Archie Goodwin and company created the cyborg Valance. When this issue arrived in the mail, I was "wicked psyched" over the battle between Valance and Darth Vader. And with that cover, can you blame me?

Star Wars #29
Artist: Carmine Infantino & Bob Wiacek

No comments: