Monday, October 8, 2007

Top of the Stack - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 #7

This week's Top of the Stack award goes to Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 #7 "No Future for You" written by Brian K. Vaughan with pencils by local artist Georges Jeanty. I know some Buffy fans were worried with a writer not named "Joss Whedon" on this book, but Vaughan proves he's more than capable with the second part of this arc. It doesn't hurt that Faith is one of my favorite characters (possibly of all-time), and I can clearly hear Eliza Dushku's voice as I'm reading. The same can be said of all the characters really, but I personally enjoy a little Dushku in my ear (where has she been???). Speaking of girls named Eliza, the homages to Pygmalion/My Fair Lady are a nice touch! Though the some of the scenes and characters seem familiar, I am still finding the overall story unpredictable. And of course, the issue is covered by another magnificent piece by Jo Chen, though it is the first cover of the series that does not incorporate the title into the art itself.

No comments: