Monday, October 15, 2012

Countdown to Halloween Spooky Books - iZombie


Thanks to the success of The Walking Dead, zombies are everywhere! I understand the urge to reject the entire subject because there is an over-saturation of the living dead, but I beg readers not to for there are some very good stories out there (and yes I will get on my knees for reasons of self-interest).

One of the best ongoing books published by Vertigo is iZombie by Chris Roberson and Mike Allred. The series features some relatable characters, despite being monsters. The creators don't shy away from gore, but the series is not at all grim. In fact, I would recommend it to fans of The Addams Family and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Allred's art is in top form! IMHO, this is his best work since X-Statics. Plus, it stars the cutest zombie girl since Kyra Schon in Night of the Living Dead.

No comments: