Sunday, October 14, 2012

Countdown to Halloween Spooky Books - The Walking Dead


It is no secret that I'm a fan of both the comic and tv series of The Walking Dead (and I'm pleased that I'm hardly alone in that regard). I have been reading the run by trade and when a new one is released, it instantly is at the top of my stack. However, I must admit that recently the tv series has excited me more than the books. I was hoping that creator Robert Kirkman would have something thrilling in store for issue #100, so much so that I decided to get the single issues instead of waiting on volume 17.

The story delivered in every way possible and more. I will not reveal any spoilers, but the events in issue #100 left me breathless and worried for Rick and company like I have not been since The Governor story line (which is about to play out in the show this season). Kudos to Robert and the rest of the creative team not only for reaching a milestone in creator-owned publishing, but for making the book just as fresh as it was when I first picked it up.

No comments: