Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Monster Mike's Mini Marathon 2013


This month has been especially hectic and I have not had the chance to post about my favorite monsters as much as I planned, but I still will make time this Halloween season for my mini-marathon of classic horror movies. I am grateful to Turner Classic Movies for all my selections this year!

House of Usher (1960)
TCM has hosted a marathon of Vincent Price films all month long and it was tough to pick just one, but I decided to go with the Roger Corman classic.

The Witches, aka The Devil's Own (1966)
The lovely and classy queen of the silver screen, Joan Fontaine, celebrated her 96(!) birthday last week and I realized I have not yet seen her final performance. 

Incubus (1966)
Shatner speaks Esperanto. 'nuff said!

Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (1968)
The third Christopher Lee/Dracula movie from Hammer was released two days before I was born. This movie was probably not the reason my mother gave birth to me a few weeks before schedule, but I'm keen to check. Also, nice poster.  

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Great selection, for sure. Happy Halloween!