Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Countdown to Halloween - Halloween Shuffle '10


Ten randomly selected tracks from my Halloween-themed party playlist!

Voltaire "Goodnight Demon Slayer"

Voltaire is no stranger to anyone who has ever been to Dragon*Con. For those who haven't, he is strange indeed! His goth filk is always a con pleaser and I have no doubt he's got a gig for this weekend!

Godsmack "The Awakening"

The heavy metal rockers from my home state have a few tracks on my "Boo!" playlist. This one in particular because it is the same title as a mummy movie from the '80's and on a related note this band had a song featured in The Scorpion King, which was a spin-off of the The Mummy movies a few years ago.

Narcotic Syntax "Ping Pong Voodoo"

Some day, I want to have a Halloween Tiki Party! And this cd (along with volume 2) will be playing all night long!

Jimi Hendrix "Voodoo Child"

Ok. Second song in a row to feature the word "voodoo" in the title. Sometimes iTunes shuffle creeps me out. Almost enough to make me not appreciate the awesome guitar work on this live track!

Marc Shaiman "Mamoshka"

I thought The Addams Family movie was ok, but I am too big a fan of the series to really give the big screen cast a chance. However, the soundtrack is a lot like a staged musical.

Christophe Beck "Suite from 'Hush'"

In addition to the all the numbers from the musical episode, this cd also features the score from one of my favorite tv episodes of all time.

Blue Oyster Cult "We Gotta Get Out of This Place"

BOC does a great cover of this classic track by Eric Burden and the Animals. It is often associated with Vietnam, but I think could very easily apply to a haunted house as well.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd "Deja Voodoo"

Another "voodoo" track. Wonder if I accidently accessed Geoffrey Holder's playlist!

Jerry Goldsmith "Overture and End Credits"

This track from the Gremlins score begins with the theme from The Twilight Zone, so it is two spooky tunes in one!

Drowning Pool "Bodies"

Finally, we end this on this rather upbeat note. "Let the bodies hit the floor! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let the bodies hit the floor!"

No comments: