Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quotes of Legend - Barack Obama

U.S. President-Elect Barack Obama: "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer. It’s been a long time coming. But tonight, because of what we did on this date, in this election, change has come to America.”

Despite the opinions of the mainstream media, my support of Obama has nothing to do with the color of his skin, nor was I motivated by "white man's guilt." Throughout his life, Obama has been a social worker, volunteer, instructor, and counsellor. Many of his opponents have mocked him for his lack of "executive" experience, but they failed to understand the power of a community organizer. He managed to inspire and motivate millions of Americans (including me) during his campaign and I have no doubt he will likewise use the same methods to help this country in these desperate times.

Tonight I am prouder to be an American than I have ever been, and I look forward to the days ahead.

No comments: