Friday, October 28, 2011

Countdown to Halloween - Monster Mike's Mini Marathon Movie #4

Every year's selection of classic movies includes a Hammer film and this Halloween, I decided on Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966). It is the next in the series starring Christopher Lee in the title role. I'm not one for spoilers, but I do happen to know that Dracula has no dialog in the entire film. When asked about his silence in the picture, Lee said, "The reason was very simple. I read the script and saw the dialogue! I said to Hammer, if you think I’m going to say any of these lines, you’re very much mistaken." Here's hoping the rest of the movie is better than the lines would have been! If you would like to find out as well, TCM has it scheduled for Halloween day.

(click on poster to view trailer)

No comments: