Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cover Rave - Fantastic Four #60

Celebrating the birthday of the great Jack Kirby, it seemed a no-brainer to spotlight one of his dynamic works as this week's Cover Rave. Since this feature is from scans of comics from my own collection, I was somewhat shamed to find I did not have many Kirby covers from which to choose. Just as well, since it would be difficult to select just one from his vast history. Nevertheless, I think the cover for Fantastic Four #60 holds its own compared to any number of his works. My father bought a small collection at a yard sale which were bound in a three-ring bider. Though I certainly did not appreciate the condition of the comics, it was hard not to appreciate the books themselves, particularly the covers! Hail to the King, baby!

Fantastic Four #60
Artist: Jack Kirby & Joe Sinnott

No comments: