Friday, April 11, 2008

Sometimes It Snows in April

It has been over a week since my last post, and wow! What a week it has been! Some extremely good things have been happening which I really can't talk publicly about just yet. And some very bad things have happened, which I cannot discuss publicly. Thus, the reason for the lack of blog entries. A lot of what has been on my mind lately must remain behind closed doors - at least for now.

But I don't want this to be just a post about why I haven't been posting. There have been some things I am more than happy to write about - like two of my favorite shows returning with new episodes!


The fourth (and final) season of Battlestar Galactica continues right where the last one left off. There were already a lot of mysteries left to resolve and so far they have managed to unveil even more. I am not sure I buy into last year's reveal of four of the "Final Five." I get a headache just trying to satisfy the simple question of why the Cylons cannot be detected at all. Not even with blood nor DNA tests. But it is sure fun watching these characters wrestle with the events unfolding and each other. The big question for a lot of folks is Who Is The Thirteenth Cylon? I have a few thoughts, but I think a very big hint lies in the fact that the fleet is searching for the lost Thirteenth Tribe - Earth.
One character I do not believe is a Cylon agent is Kara Thrace (aka "Starbuck"). It's just too obvious! If she is not a Cylon, then what the frak is going on with her? Call me crazy, but I believe that it has something to do with the Seraphs, a mysterious race from the original 1970's series that once stated. "As you now are, we once were. As we now are you may yet become." Sounds like a quote right at home in this re-imagined series.


Also premiering this week was the new season of Doctor Who. I admit that the premiere was not as thrilling as the last few season starters, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Like many others, I was worried that the arrival of Donna as the The Doctor's new companion would be a turn-off. However, her character was really dialed down compared to her appearance in "The Runaway Bride." As long as she does not repeatedly utter "Am I bovvered?" the season will be just fine. And the end of the episode had one of the biggest surprises I've witness on the telly in a long, long time! Even all those Tate-haters out there now have a big reason to tune in. Really looking forward to the second episode, "The Fires of Pompeii" - should be a blast!

No comments: